Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nikko

Weekend was close, but no idea how to spend it. After some thinking and checking map decided I'v never been in Nikko. Actually I was in Nikko, but just passed it on the way to Sendai by bicycle.
Woke up really early, exactly as Google advised got to Kitasenju station... and stuck. When I got to the platform just a minute before Nikko train should depart I did not find the train, after couple of seconds I found some short train in the end of the platform, but it's front plate had some other name than Nikko. Minute passed, that train departed and only when it was passing I noticed back half of the train had plate with Nikko. It was one of that trains which separates in some point and goes to different directions.
I had to wait another 40 minutes for the next train. Finally I got to my train and got time to sleep a bit.
I woke up because it was too quiet for too long time, it was exactly that point where the train should separate. While it was doing it I noticed old man running from car to car selling obento (I will see him later again). It was my first time seeing someone not related to railroad company selling food in a train. Few stations later I got to Nikko station, here is it.

Passer-by
The first place I planned to visist was Chuzenji lake. To get there I needed a bus. Some camera crew is also waiting for a bus.
While waiting for the bus I had time to take some photos around.
The bus has arrived and in 30 minutes I was at the lake. But first famous Kegon waterfall. From the top to almost the bottom of the waterfall there is an elevator.




On the top near the elevator there were some food tents. One of them was chestnuts tent. Video is shaky, I decided to close my ears, so my hands were busy.

At other tent I bought gyoza korokke ( boiled dumpling in mashed potato in panko deep fried).
And not to the lake.
Some bikers were passing by.
And finally the lake.
You could rent a bot or a swan.
Objective complete. I took a bus and got off few kilometers before the station near some famous Shinkyo bridge. The station was directly down the street, but I decided to walk around.
This is the river which Shinkyo bridge is crossing.
Someone's statue, you can open full size to read its description, in Japanese of course.
There was something up the hill.
There was some museum closed for repair. After some time I found another statue.
As I understood inside of this building there is some temple. Hords for schoolkids standing for photo.
Near that place for a small fee I could see some japanese garden.
Fish food - 30 yen.
Fish.
Is it some special moss?
The man weeding the moss.
Road was going further, but seems to be to another temple and I'm not interested in them.
And back to Shinkyo bridge.
Going back to the station
Really working payphone.
Some festival near by? Or tourists too?
And more.
Some museum, but I was too lazy.
Old ladies are selling something.
Fireguards are not sleeping.
Biker, probably the same from the lake.
So, I got to the station and went to Tobu World Square. On junction station I met obento old man again. He was angry when I tried to take his photo, but became happy when I bought his obento.
The Square was not far, but on the train timetable usual cheap train passes only once an hour. Next train was special express for additional fee. But it had some advantages, I could eat my obento on the table.
Tobu World Square will be in next post.
All photos are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment